Monday, September 8, 2008

Just for starters...

So I'm just going to try and get this going for now...
I know I'm going to get pretty busy here soon and know many of you are as well. But I would love to share with as many of you as I can what I am learning and experiencing up here at the Bethel school of supernatural ministry. And I know I won't be able to keep in touch personally with everyone I would like to as much as I would like to. My hope is to be able to keep these brief...to say a lot without saying too much. It was extremely difficult to leave San Diego. Especially, the youth group kids and my friends there. Borderline depressed on the drive up. And it took me about a day after I got up here to actually "arrive" here. But I still know that I am supposed to be here and if I didn't do this I would always be left wondering...
I still remember looking into that man's eyes on that train in Sri Lanka. He had no legs, had to scoot around using his hands and seemed blind as well. I felt so helpless to do anything. Even if I had money what would it really do? I remember thinking that if Jesus was there that man would be walking off that train, rejoicing. I started to think of Peter's words to the crippled man outside the temple, "Silver and gold I do not have but what I have I give you(what did he have? how did he get it?)...in the name of Jesus, get up and walk!" The same Peter that denied Jesus 3 times as He was going to the cross. He was one of the first "followers of Jesus." If I claim to be a Christian as well, should my life look more like Peter's did? More like Jesus' for that matter. "If you believe in me and the things I do, you will do even greater things than these!" -John 14:12. There just seems to be more to following Jesus than I know. In this book I'm supposed to read before classes start, "When Heaven Invades Earth," Pastor Bill Johnson states that salvation was not the ultimate goal of Christ's coming...it was to fill each newborn believer with the Holy Spirit...that we might be "filled with all the fullness of God." Eph. 2:19. Maybe that's what Jesus was talking about when He said He came to "give life and life to the fullest." Maybe not...but it's my hope to find out.
Anyway, there's a lot more details that go into why I am here, but I think that's the basics of it. I've just become too curious to not find out if Jesus really meant that we really would do even greater things than He did and how is that really possible. I've heard story after story of such things being done up here at Bethel, my sister went to this school and if there's anyone who's opinion and advice I can trust...it's definitely her. I'm nervous and know I will be put in uncomfortable situations but I know that this is where I'm supposed to be and look forward to what God wants to show me here...and would love to share it with you guys. I'm sending this to you because you have in some way been a great influence and encouragement on my life. Some I've known for a long time, others just recently. Some I know are close to the Lord and are all for what I'm doing, others may just be checking Him out still. Some I've hung out with recently, others not for years... well, you get the point. But if you don't mind listening, I don't mind sharing. Love you all; you all have a huge place in my heart and I feel very fortunate to have you in my life. Oh yeah and uhhh...Go Broncos!

1 comment:

Mike Ehl said...

Josh! dude i'm so stoked for you man. I'll be praying for you. God's going to do some crazy things. I miss you too man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight
Proverbs 3:5-6
Much love man